Brian Cheng is a member of our Litigation Group with a focus on commercial and commercial litigation and insurance defence.
After graduating from law school in Seattle, Brian was admitted to the Washington State Bar in 2011 and remained in Seattle to practice and gain experience in a wide range of areas. He returned to Vancouver in 2014 to establish his long-term practice closer to family. After completing his Master of Laws at UBC (where he was top of his class in many courses), he secured his articles with a Vancouver firm in the field of insurance law and related civil litigation, where he was hired back as an associate.
In addition to his practice, Brian is also a Trial Supervising Lawyer through UBC’s Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, where he supports students on criminal defence trials. Additionally, through the Canadian Bar Association, Brian has given presentations to lawyers on topics such as aviation law and American civil procedure.
Brian’s personal interests include outdoor pursuits such as snowboarding, skiing, biking, and hiking, and he volunteers as a trainer for Scouts Canada and as a member of South Fraser Search and Rescue.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2015, 2015
- Master of Laws (Common Law), University of British Columbia, 2014
- Admitted to the Washington State Bar, 2011
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Seattle University School of Law, 2011
- Bachelor of Science, University of British Columbia, 2006
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Washington State Bar Association