Duncan J Manson
Duncan’s trial and appellate practice includes wills, estates and trusts related litigation, complex commercial litigation including shareholder and partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty cases and breach of contract claims, litigation concerning interests in real property, claims arising from securities and mortgage brokerage transactions, and cases involving professional negligence claims.
Duncan also represents clients before administrative tribunals such as the Financial Institutions Commission, the Employment Standards Tribunal and the Human Rights Commission, and at mediations and arbitrations.
Duncan has completed the Mediating Disputes Program at the Harvard Negotiation Institute. He is available to provide mediation services in his preferred areas of practice. Duncan is also an occasional panellist for the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC and the Canadian Bar Association.
Duncan co-authors www.BCEstateLitigation.ca, a blog to inform readers of the latest developments in estate litigation.
Away from the office Duncan enjoys family, friends, golf, fitness, photography, gardening, travel, good wine and old cars. He is a long time member of the Capilano Golf and Country Club in West Vancouver.
- Mediating Disputes Program, Harvard Law School, 2014
- Called to the bar, British Columbia, 1980
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), University of British Columbia, 1972
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia Areas