Duncan J Manson
Duncan’s trial and appellate practice includes wills, estates and trusts related litigation, complex commercial litigation including shareholder and partnership disputes, breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims, litigation of interests in real property, claims arising from securities and mortgage brokerage transactions, professional negligence claims, and cases involving serious personal injury.
Duncan also represents clients before administrative tribunals such as the Financial Institutions Commission, the Employment Standards Tribunal and the Human Rights Commission, and at mediations and arbitrations.
Duncan has completed the Mediating Disputes Program of the Harvard Negotiation Institute and is available to provide mediation services in his preferred areas of practice. Duncan is an occasional panellist for the Continuing Legal Education Society and the Canadian Bar Association.
Away from the office Duncan enjoys family, friends, golf, skiing, fitness, photography, gardening, travel, good wine and old cars. He is a long time member of the Capilano Golf and Country Club in West Vancouver.
- Mediating Disputes Program, Harvard Law School, 2014
- Called to the bar, British Columbia, 1980
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), University of British Columbia, 1972
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia Areas