Patrick J Haberl
In his practice, Pat Haberl focuses on advising clients about structuring and completing many kinds of business transactions, contracts and mergers and acquisitions. He is often involved as counsel on corporate reorganizations and the establishment of holding structures and trusts. He also plays an active role in closing financing transactions. Pat’s clients are entrepreneurs who demand prompt, quality work. Pat is available 24/7 to meet those demands.
Pat is Owen Bird Law Corporation’s Personal Property Security Act expert. Other lawyers in the firm consult him about secured financing transactions, security packages from other parts of the world, and relevant due diligence searches.
Relevant deals that Pat has worked on include:
- merger of two corporate technology providers
- sale of construction industry related business
- financing of Canadian Media Business with sources of funds in U.S. and Canada
- structuring Real Estate Limit Partnership Syndication
- refinancing Assisted Living business assets including land, buildings and Government contracts
- acting for a Canadian steel product distribution company which, together with its US sister company, was the seller in a large cross-border sale to a US Private Equity Firm
- established structure for a Canadian subsidiary of a publicly traded appliance company by incorporating existing division and cross country operations into a new Canadian corporation on a tax deferred basis
- established inter-Provincial structure for a client with multiple Assisted Living/Continuing Care facilities based on a Community of Care model
- acted for the seller on the sale of certain robotics assets to a large US robotics company
- acted for the buyer of a wood products company doing business on First Nations lands
- acted for the seller in connection with the sale of casino assets to a large US casino company
- purchase and sale of a $100M office building
Pat has written several articles for the British Columbia Continuing Legal Education Society and is an active member of the British Columbia Business Bar. He has sat on the boards of both private and public companies and has active business interests. His personal interests include writing and playing music, moutaineering, and cycling. Pat is on several charitable boards and is active in the community.