Michelle is an experienced wills, estates, trusts and corporate lawyer helping clients plan, build, and protect their legacies.
Michelle works with families and business owners across generations to navigate the often sensitive and complex field of estate and incapacity planning, estate administration, and family business succession planning. She works with clients to develop individualized estate plans that ensure her clients’ affairs are in order and that appropriate tax planning is in place to ease both the financial and emotional burden when a loved one passes.
Michelle also works with executors, trustees and beneficiaries on obtaining representation grants, facilitating the orderly and tax efficient administration of an estate, and advising on estate and trust compliance matters.
In her corporate practice, Michelle works with private business owners and family enterprises to enable them to grow their business with the confidence and security of knowing that they have the legal advice and support they need behind them. Michelle has extensive experience advising on a wide variety of corporate and commercial issues, including business reorganization and corporate transactions.
Michelle has more than 20 years of experience. Her expertise provides her client with the peace of mind that not only are their affairs in order and their legacy protected but that there will be a smooth and tax efficient transfer of wealth after they are gone. Michelle is recognised by her clients for her personal, compassionate approach, and her ability to communicate complex legal and tax concepts in a straightforward and easily understood manner.
Prior to developing her specialty in the areas of estate planning and administration and corporate services, Michelle practiced as a commercial litigator with an international law firm.
Michelle is licensed to practice in both British Columbia, Canada and New South Wales, Australia.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada, completed 3 of 4 courses of the internationally recognised Trust and estate Practitioner, TEP, designation
- Called to the British Columbia Bar , 2008
- Called to the New South Wales, Australia Bar, 2003
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2001
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Toronto, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours, McGill University, 1994
- Student Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Wills and Trusts and Charities sub sections
- Member, BC Law Society and the Law Society of New South Wales, Australia
- Member, Owen Bird Law Corporation Diversity, Inclusion and Community Involvement Committee