Lily Y Zhang
Lily has a broad litigation practice in commercial litigation, insurance defence, construction law, family law, and insurance law. She has appeared in the BC Provincial Court and Supreme Court as well as administrative tribunals.
Upon graduation, Lily clerked for five justices of the British Columbia Supreme Court. Lily worked as a summer student and articled with the firm prior to joining as an associate.
Lily is the secretary and a director of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers BC. She is also a contributing editor of The Advocate.
Lily is fluent in Mandarin.
During law school, Lily was an associate editor of the UBC Law Review, a student director and clinician of the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, and a volunteer with the Access Pro Bono Civil Chambers Program. Lily also worked as a research assistant and competed in the BC Law Schools Moot. She received the Blake, Cassels & Graydon Prize in Commercial Transactions, the John K. Campbell Scholarship, the Business Law Clinic Award, and the Thorsteinssons Prize in Taxation.
Outside of work, Lily enjoys hiking, traveling, and walking her dog. Lily is a Formula 1 race fan.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2022
- Juris Doctor, Business Law Concentration, University of British Columbia, 2020
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo, 2017
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC)
- Contributing Editor, The Advocate
- Committee Member, BarTalk Editorial Committee, Canadian Bar Association BC
- Member, Canadian Bar Association BC
- Junior National Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Owen Bird Law Corporation Diversity, Inclusion and Community Involvement Committee