Jocelyn M Bellerud (nee Le Dressay)
Shareholder and Co-Managing Director
Jocelyn serves as Co-Managing Director of Owen Bird Law Corporation. Jocelyn practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law, succession planning for family businesses, mergers and acquisitions, charitable giving, trust and estate planning.
Jocelyn assists clients with various corporate and commercial issues, including, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, charitable giving, corporate restructurings, advising on corporate governance and shareholders agreements. She also advises family businesses and individuals on estate, tax and trust planning.
Jocelyn is passionate about philanthropy and serving her community. Jocelyn currently serves as a Chair of the St. Paul’s Foundation Future Leaders, Director of Fundraising and Events for Face of Today. Jocelyn founded and served as Chair of Owen Bird Law Corporation’s Diversity, Inclusion and Community Involvement Committee.
Jocelyn is also active in the business community, both in Vancouver and internationally. Jocelyn serves on the Board of Directors for Interlaw, as Co-Chair for North America for the Interlaw Mergers & Acquisitions Special Business Team and Global Chair for the Interlaw Nextgen Special Business Team. Interlaw is a long-established elite global network of pre-eminent independent law firms comprising 7,500+ lawyers based in over 150 cities around the world.
- Completed Year 3 of the CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), Queens University, 2008
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, 2011
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2012
- Co-Managing Director, Owen Bird Law Corporation
- Board of Directors, Interlaw | An International Association of Independent Law Firms
- North American Co-Chair, Interlaw Mergers & Acquisitions Special Business Team | An International Association of Independent Law Firms
- Global Chair, Interlaw Next Gen Special Business Team | An International Association of Independent Law Firms
- Chair, St. Paul’s Foundation Future Leaders
- Director of Fundraising and Events, Face of Today
- Founder and Past Chair, Owen Bird Law Corporation Diversity, Inclusion and Community Involvement Committee