Scott W Urquhart
Scott Urquhart is a litigator with extensive, successful experience at all levels of British Columbia’s courts. Scott practices primarily in the areas of insurance coverage, civil litigation and construction disputes, but he also has successful trial and appellate experience in commercial and fraud litigation.
Scott has successfully represented his clients before the Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal and the BC Human Rights Tribunal. He regularly acts for architects, engineers, directors and officers, and other lawyers.
Scott places a premium on professionalism and courtesy when dealing with clients, the courts and opposing parties while vigorously advancing his clients’ interests towards a fair and economical resolution.
After growing up in the Cariboo where he worked in mills and on cattle ranches, Scott paid his way through university working in the oil and gas sector in northern BC. He was a public school teacher for several years before attending law school and brings his varied experience and common sense approach to the practice of law.
Scott regularly publishes and presents to professional organizations on insurance coverage and liability issues.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2006
- LL.B., The University of British Columbia, 2005
- B.Ed., The University of British Columbia, 1995
- BA, The University of British Columbia, 1994
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Chair, Canadian Defence Lawyers Annual Insurance Coverage Symposium
- Volunteer, Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia