Sarah M Péloquin
Sarah is a litigator and maintains a general civil litigation practice. Prior to joining Owen Bird, Sarah clerked for Justice Gagné at the Federal Court of Canada, where she worked on a wide range of files, including constitutional and charter challenges, crown liability, immigration, intellectual property, tax, and natural resources. Sarah has significant experience with judicial reviews and has a background working in both English and French.
Before attending law school, Sarah built a thriving artistic practice, and was the recipient of several awards while attending Emily Carr University of Art & Design. Sarah has exhibited her work in numerous galleries in Vancouver, and is featured in the personal collections of art buyers across North America.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2017
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2017
- Judicial Law Clerk, Federal Court and Court Martial Appeal Court of Canada, Ottawa, 2016-2017
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, 2016
- Richard R. Sugden, Q.C. Prize in Trial Advocacy, 2016
- Second Place Factum, Laskin National Bilingual Moot Court Competition, 2015
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Emily Carr University of Art & Design, 2013
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association