Sameer practices broadly in litigation at Owen Bird, with a primary focus in insurance defence, subrogated claims, and coverage matters. Sameer has experience in various practice areas, including insurance defence and coverage, construction, professional negligence, property damage, product liability, personal injury, foreclosures, among other areas. He has had the opportunity to represent and work closely with clients of all sorts, including insurance companies, large international corporations, property developers, government agencies, small businesses, and non-profit societies.
Sameer has appeared in the Supreme Court of British Columbia on several hundred court applications. Though he is no stranger to a courtroom, Sameer approaches litigation pragmatically and seeks resolutions to achieve efficient and timely results for his clients.
Sameer has a background in business and economics which allows him to practice law with not only a legal perspective, but with a business and strategic mindset as well.
When not in the office, Sameer enjoys playing and watching sports, particularly basketball, baseball, and golf.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2015
- Juris Doctor, University of Windsor, 2014
- Bachelor of Business Administration, joint major in Economics, Simon Fraser University, 2010
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL) of British Columbia