Pamela E Sheppard
Pam is a shareholder with a broad range of experience in the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal. Her assertive litigation style is paired with a focus on providing practical advice which consistently results in meaningful victories for her clients, both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Pam is a commercial litigator with particular experience in shareholder and real estate disputes, as well as in obtaining injunctive relief. Her experience includes prosecution and defence of libel actions on behalf of a wide spectrum of clients including individuals, corporations and national media outlets, and Pam often deals with obtaining court-ordered disclosure of information relating to anonymous internet bloggers and commenters from internet service providers prior to commencing such lawsuits.
In the family law context, Pam litigates complex asset division cases involving corporations, trusts and assets situated in other jurisdictions, as well as child and spousal support issues. She has particular experience in the area of variation of matrimonial agreements. Outside of court, Pam drafts cohabitation, marriage and separation agreements that resolve the most personal of issues in an amicable way for her clients.
Pam also acts in judicial review and injunction proceedings involving First Nations consultation and accommodation disputes, generally on behalf of project proponents.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2010
- Juris Doctor (Business Law), University of British Columbia, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 2006
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ad IDEM/Canadian Media Lawyers Association
- H.S.S. v. S.H.D., 2018 BCCA 199
- Friedlander v. Claman, 2016 BCCA 434
- Taseko Mines Limited v. Western Canada Wilderness Committee, 2016 BCSC 109
- British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association v. Zakharia, 2015 BCSC 1650
- Ktunaxa Nation v. British Columbia (Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations), 2017 SCC 54
- Ktunaxa Nation v. British Columbia (Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations), 2015 BCCA 352
- Ktunaxa Nation v. British Columbia (Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations), 2014 BCSC 568
- British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association v. Zakharia, 2014 BCSC 2244
- 567 Hornby Apartment Ltd. v. Le Soleil Hospitality Inc., 2016 BCSC 1340
- Le Soleil Hospitality Inc. v. Louie, 2017 BCSC 162
- Dionne v. Masters, 2017 BCSC 637
- Phillips v. Saunders, 2020 BCCA 265