Josephine M Nadel, Q.C.
Josephine Nadel was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2016. Ms. Nadel is a senior lawyer who practices law in the areas of corporate, commercial, wealth management, tax, wills and estates. A focus of her legal practice is succession, governance and strategic planning for private and family-owned enterprises. She has in-depth experience in corporate reorganizations and a broad range of corporate transactions.
Ms. Nadel is a certified family enterprise advisor and a trained facilitator qualifying her to advise groups of shareholders, stakeholders and owners on issues relating to succession, governance and wealth preservation.
Ms. Nadel was the founder and Chair of the Professional Advisory Committee of the Business Families Centre, Sauder School of Business, a member of the Business Families Centre Board and Director of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Centre for Entrepreneurs and Family Business (Western Canada). She serves as a director of VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation and Face the World Foundation. She also holds director and trustee positions with private companies, trusts and charitable foundations. She was actively involved and served as a director of CAFÉ (Canadian Association of Family Enterprise, Vancouver Chapter), Ronald McDonald House, Institute of Family Enterprise Advisors (IFEA), Vancouver Foundation – Professional Advisory Committee and Crofton House School.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 1978
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics and International Relations), University of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, In-Depth Tax Course
- Certificate in Family Enterprise Advising, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2016