Jean regularly advises clients on corporate, commercial, real estate and estate planning.
She advises businesses of different sizes in various stages on a wide range of issues to safeguard their execution of business plans, such as merges and acquisitions, reorganization, financing, leasing and franchising.
She also works closely with business owners in business succession and estate planning to ensure the continued growth of wealth among generations.
With her personal knowledge and experience in Chinese law, she is in a unique position to help clients with business or disputes involving the laws of both jurisdictions. Her clients benefit from her unique background and her practical approach to solving legal problems.
Jean has been actively involved in the Chinese community in Vancouver, lecturing in S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and several other non-profit organizations. She has also acted as a legal commentator in local media.
Jean is fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2014
- Qualified to the National Bar of China, 1998
- Master of Laws, the University of British Columbia, 2012
- Master of Laws, Zhejiang University, 2003
- Bachelor of Laws, East China University of Political Science, 1997
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia)