Geoff’s practice focuses on resolving construction disputes, including relating to procurement. Geoff is also well-known for helping his clients take practical and strategic steps throughout the life of a project to reduce legal risk and resolve disputes efficiently.
Geoff also has experience in insurance defence and technical cases, specifically professional negligence of architects and engineers, acting as a long-standing advisor to the largest professional liability insurer in Canada. In addition to his proficiency in construction and insurance, he assists clients on a broad range of general commercial disputes. He is a former chair of the CBABC construction subsection.
Outside of the office Geoff enjoys spending time with his family, very often in hockey rinks.
- Called to the Bar of the Yukon Territory, 2014
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2005
- LLB, University of British Columbia, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 1991
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Volunteer Board Member, Vancouver Community College Foundation (2017-present)
- Mentor, Beedie Luminaries (September 2018 – present)
- Volunteer Member, Minor Hockey Committee for the North Shore Winter Club (2019-2022) and the Board of Directors for the North Shore Winter Club (starting in October 2020 – December 2022)
- Former Member, Allard Law Alumni Association Board of Directors (2014-2017)
- Former Chair, CBABC Construction Subsection