David W P Moriarty
David Moriarty is a member of our Litigation Group. His primary focus is on general commercial litigation and insurance defence.
David has a broad litigation background, having practiced in the areas of Aboriginal law, class actions, insurance defence, strata property, construction, landlord–tenant, property damage, and personal injury. Since being called to the bar in 2011, he has represented clients in the Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal in British Columbia. Recently he appeared as counsel in the first Aboriginal law case heard by the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island.
In addition to his practice, David is an active member of the Canadian Bar Association and routinely gives presentations for the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia.
Outside of the office David enjoys being involved in politics, playing sports (particularly hockey, volleyball, and skiing), and, most importantly, spending time with his wife and daughter.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2011
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 2006
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Program Contributor, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
- Executive, Class Action Section of CBABC
Executive Member, Liberal Party of Canada in Vancouver Centre