Terence W T Yu
Terence, a shareholder with Owen Bird Law Corporation, is a senior litigator with the firm and represents clients at all levels of the Courts in British Columbia. Terence has represented clients in a variety of matters from complex corporate commercial disputes to family law matters.
Never one to shy away from a court battle, Terence is dedicated to achieving the best results for his clients, whether that is through trial or achieving a settlement under alternate dispute resolutions. His preparation, analysis and approach to the issues is backed by over 20 years of trial experience which achieves the results clients expect.
Terence carries out his litigation practice in a number of areas including corporate commercial disputes, family law litigation, employment disputes, debtor/creditor disputes and real estate matters. He has appeared and had success at all levels of the British Columbia Courts. Terence started the practice of law in 1994 and trained with John D. McAlpine, Q.C. and Rose-Mary Basham, Q.C. eventually becoming a partner with Rose-Mary before coming to Owen Bird Law Corporation.
In his spare time, he enjoys his family time with his children and playing ice hockey, skiing and golf and of course dedicates time to his PS4 and Xbox One.
- Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 1994
- LL.B, University of Windsor, 1993
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology, University of British Columbia, 1989
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, British Columbia Bar Association
A few selected decisions:
- Tang v. Chan,2015 BCSC 752
- Clarke v. Clarke, 2015 BCSC 1005;
- Tang v. Chang, 2014 BCSC 2251;
- C.W. v. J.K.R.W,.2014 BCSC 488;
- Clarke v. Clarke,2013 BCSC 2130;
- Wang v. Wang,2013 BCSC 472;
- Sihota v. Soo, 2010 BCSC 886;
- Lam v. Ernest & Twins Ventures, 2001 BCSC 710;
- Mohtadi v. Mohtadi, 2000 BCSC 604
- Volunteer parent with Vancouver College Elementary School