Jocelyn M Bellerud (nee Le Dressay)
Jocelyn practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law. She has broad experience in implementing complex corporate reorganizations, structuring asset and share purchases and advising clients on wealth preservation management and succession planning for family business.
Jocelyn is active in the tax and succession planning community in Vancouver and has completed Year 3 of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course.
Jocelyn assists clients with various corporate and commercial issues, including: mergers and acquisitions, estate freezes, corporate restructurings, advising on corporate governance issues, shareholders agreements and corporate finance. She also has experience offering family businesses and individual estate, tax and trust planning advice.
Jocelyn was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. She completed her undergraduate degree at Queens University and moved back to Vancouver in 2004 to attend law school at University of British Columbia. She has spent time studying abroad in Singapore and France. Since joining Owen Bird in 2010, Jocelyn has been involved in Interlaw, Owen Bird’s international professional services network. In 2015 she was selected to represent NextGen and speak at the Interlaw AGM in Barcelona.
- Completed Year 3 of the CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), Queens University, 2008
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, 2011
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2012
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Association of Family Enterprise
- Member at Large, Canadian Bar Association British Columbia Chapter Business Law Executive
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors