Jeffrey B Lightfoot
Providing practical and result-oriented advice in corporate and securities law matters is what I do best. My familiarity with business, accounting and regulatory matters consistently leads to cost-effective solutions for my clients.
Jeff Lightfoot practices with the firm as a shareholder, and has practiced securities law in Vancouver for nearly 30 years. His preferred areas of practice are corporate finance and securities law, with a particular emphasis on the TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange.
Jeff’s practice focuses on securities issues with a majority involving an international element. His clients include companies involved in medical technology, agriculture, mineral resources and oil and gas production. He draws on considerable experience in initial public offerings, reverse takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, and inter-listings, with an entrepreneurial and business oriented approach to public financing transactions.
In conjunction with the international nature of his practice, Jeff has attended and/or lectured at conferences in Milan, Sydney, and venues across North America. He maintains professional contacts worldwide through his own activities and law firm affiliations.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Wilfrid Laurier University, 1981
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1984
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 1985
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, British Columbia Law Society
- Certified coach for minor hockey, community soccer, and softball
- Administrative roles with community minor hockey association, including president for three years