Edith A Ryan
Edie provides advice and support to clients to help them navigate legal hurdles and complete transactions smoothly and successfully, so they can get back to business as usual.
She is focused and attentive, and works with her clients to ensure they achieve their specific goals efficiently while avoiding pitfalls.
Edie acts on a wide variety of commercial transactions including business and real estate acquisitions of all sizes. She is experienced in preparing and negotiating commercial leases, acting for borrowers and lenders in financing transactions, and advising clients on shareholder agreements and other corporate matters. On the insolvency side, Edie works with lenders to structure forbearance terms and then complete the appropriate agreements, and also provides commercial and real estate advice to receivers.
Edie obtained her law degree at the University of British Columbia, and prior to that studied economics at the University of Toronto. In her spare time, Edie plays volleyball and softball at the extremely recreational level (but with dedication nonetheless).
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2009
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2008
- Honours B.A., Economics, University of Toronto, 2005
- North American Chair, "NextGen" Group for Interlaw | An International Association of Independent Law Firms
- Member, The Canadian Bar Association – British Columbia Subsections for Real Property Vancouver, Business Law, Insolvency, Young Lawyers Lower Mainland, and Women Lawyers BC