Douglas R Johnson
Doug has practiced in the areas of corporate/commercial law and securities for approximately 40 years. Doug was formerly an assistant professor of law at the University of Victoria and a member of the Ministry of Attorney General, Victoria.
Doug currently acts for a large mortgage investment manager and has advised clients in respect of major commercial transactions over the past several years.
- Called to British Columbia Bar, 1981
- LL.M. Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto, Ontario, 1979
- Called to Alberta Bar, 1973
- LL.B. Faculty of Law, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, 1972
- B.A. Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, 1969
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Counsel to Trez Capital Corporation since 1997
- Counsel to Glentel Inc. in connection with the purchase of Glentel by Bell Canada for $600 million.
- Counsel to Glentel Inc. in respect of various acquisitions and funding
- Counsel to the Province of British Columbia in connection with the privatization of B.C. Hydro’s natural gas division.